31.8.06

Leaving England

The Siekmann bunch is hanging out at the Marriot hotel at the airport for one night only. We thought it is much better to catch a plane from Heathrow at 6:30 in the morning if you hang out at a hotel close to the airport instead of vacating the corporate housing apartment in a rush. Notwithstanding the potential excitement of a taxi may or may not showing up.

Homelessness is only fun with money. And even then, I prefer having my own home anytime over having a hotel room or two. Anyway, the curtain is closing. We will be leaving England for good tomorrow morning. I wish I could say I am exhilarated, but I am mostly worn out. I bet when I smell that San Francisco air I'll be in better shape soon.

Thanks for being nice to me, England. And thanks for not burglarizing my place. Thanks for clotted cream. Ale. Fish and chips. Thanks for Hatch Ride, my colleagues and the nice people we met. Thanks for an outstanding experience that none of us will ever forget.

Good bye, England.

No comments: